cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send approval email in Nested Conditions not working

Hello,

I have a Flow that contains several conditions. I have limited them for now at only 2 conditions (one inside the other), and inside the 2nd condition I have added a Send email and a Send Approval email. The email is sent but the approval one is not.

If i move the Send approval emial outside of the condition it works.

Any idea why I get this behaviour and if it can be fixed?

Thank you,

Adriana

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send approval email in Nested Conditions not working

Hi adrianaprodan,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow to help reproduce this issue on my side?

To test this issue, I created a flow likes below.

There are two conditions in the flow, Condition2 is nested in Conditon1.

When both the two conditions are met, the following actions “Send an email” and “Send approval email” will be executed.

3.PNG

Please take my flow configuration for a reference and try it again on your side.

Please feel free post back with more details about your flow.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Mabel Mao,

here's my flow:

Capture.JPG

Actually quite similar to yours.

Adriana

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi adrianaprodan,

I found that you have added the action “Send an email” under the “If no” branch.

About the flow you have created, when both the two conditions are met, the action “Send approval email” under “If yes” branch can be fired. While if not, the action “Send an email” under “If no” branch will be fired.

If your scenario is to send both the email and approval email when the conditions are met, you may need to add both the two actions under “If yes” branch. Please check my flow configuration again, it is different with yours.

More details about adding a condition to a flow, please check this documentation for more details:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/add-condition

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Cathy_Dew Here's the Flow and the issue I was reffering to last week in Dublin.

Thank you so much.

Adriana

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mabel Mao,

I understand what you're saying but it would be quite strange for a conditon to restrict me to only have actions on the yes branch.

I will test again today but I am quite sure a coleague of  mine tested as well and did not work. But i will test and come baack with an aswer.

thank you,

adriana

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,431)