cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RTW
Level: Powered On

Send approval email to some people, not all.

I'm in the middle of automating ammendents to my company's timesheets, using Flow.

The flow starts in a powerapp, where the associate creates a request to modify their punches on a given day. A Flow is triggered through this app. The data is stored on Sharepoint. I use the Office365 connector in Flow to find who their manager is, and send it to them for approval.

My issue is that if a manager is off for the day, or on vacation, the process ends. What I would like to do is have all of management be able to go to the Flow website and see pending approvals, but they are only emailed requests from their direct report.

I can't seem to find a way to send an approval email to some people and not all. The only workaround I can think of is creating the approval without having it emailed out, and then emailing a link to the manager from "Send an Email." I'd rather not do this as, if I'm being honest, I already have enough automated emails coming from my account as it is.

Is this possible? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for the help!

1 REPLY 1
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Send approval email to some people, not all.

Hi,

According to you description, you don’t want to send the approval email to the managers who are off for the day, or on vacation.

First, I want to know where do you get the approver’s email addresses. The email addresses are stored in share point or somewhere else?

Second, is there any data to monitor the approver’s status, to judge whether the approver on work or off?

I suggest to create a column in SP list to monitor approver’s status, which you can use in the flow.

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration? Then I can do more analysis for you.

Regards,

Zhongys

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 387 members 6,095 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: