cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zu
Level: Powered On

Send approval remainder email

Hi,

I have an approval flow that send an email to approver when a new document is uploaded to a library. Approvers would like to receive a remainder if the document hasn't been approved/rejected after 7 days. Is there a way to add timer in the "if not" branch of the approval flow that will send an email after seven days? or another independent flow that checks approved docs in the library and send remainder for those not approved will work as well.

Thanks,

Zuly

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send approval remainder email

Hi Zuly,

I created a flow to send an approval email when a file is created in SharePoint Online. I configured the condition to “Selected Option is equal to Approve”. Then in the “IF NO” branch, I added a “Delay” action, after 10 minutes, send an email. When I selected “Reject”, "send email" action ran after 10 minutes. Below is a screenshot of my flow.

Delay.PNG

You could configure “Delay” to “7 Days”, followed by an action “send email”. please try if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Zu

@v-yamao-msft: Thanks for your reply but there is two things don't seem to be working with the workflow. First the workflow should seend an email if nothing happens (file is not approve nor rejected). I reproduced the workflow you sent but it doesn't sends an email if nothing happens (file is not approved nor rejected) after 5 minutes. Your workflow will send an email if the item is rejected but what I need is to send a remeinder if the file is not approve nor rejected after 7 days. I think that the timer need to be on the approval email, is it possible to create a loop on the approval email step?

The second issue is when I clicked on "reject" button from the email, my workflow failed. See  my workflow in attachment. It should send an email to my own outlook account.

The Approval works well, it copies the file to another folder without issue.

Thanks for your help!

Zu

Workflow1.JPG

Workflow2.JPGWorkflow3.JPG

Jdemke

I had a similar situation as you. What I did was add a condition right after the first approval email to delay 3 days then send another approval email as a reminder. Like so...

2017-06-23 15_36_21-Manage your flows _ Microsoft Flow and 2 more pages ‎- Microsoft Edge.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,851)