cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send approval to shared e-mail address – any workarounds?

Hi Flow Community

I am trying to create with MS Flow an approval process that sends after a SharePoint entry an approval e-mail to a shared inbox. I would like to achieve that everyone who has access to the shared e-mail inbox (back office department) could fetch an approval request and process it. The problem: According to a few community entries, it is currently not possible to send approvals to a shared e-mail address. Basically, my blueprint is the following:

1. After a SharePoint entry is done, send an e-mail to a shared e-mail address
  2. Everyone who has assess to that inbox could process the approval
  3. Look at the approval, click on “Agree” and write in the in-email comment section an ID/text
  4. An e-mail is sent to the SharePoint entry author with the ID/text communicated above
  5. Update the respective SharePoint entry with the ID

I know how to use MS Flow to cover the above steps 1, 4 and 5. Unfortunately, step 2 and 3 seem not be possible, as an error message appears when using a shared e-mail adress in the "assigned to" field. Are any workarounds out there how to use the MS Flow functionality to cover step 2 and 3? Thank you for any help! 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,468)