cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send approval to shared e-mail address – any workarounds?

Hi Flow Community

I am trying to create with MS Flow an approval process that sends after a SharePoint entry an approval e-mail to a shared inbox. I would like to achieve that everyone who has access to the shared e-mail inbox (back office department) could fetch an approval request and process it. The problem: According to a few community entries, it is currently not possible to send approvals to a shared e-mail address. Basically, my blueprint is the following:

1. After a SharePoint entry is done, send an e-mail to a shared e-mail address
  2. Everyone who has assess to that inbox could process the approval
  3. Look at the approval, click on “Agree” and write in the in-email comment section an ID/text
  4. An e-mail is sent to the SharePoint entry author with the ID/text communicated above
  5. Update the respective SharePoint entry with the ID

I know how to use MS Flow to cover the above steps 1, 4 and 5. Unfortunately, step 2 and 3 seem not be possible, as an error message appears when using a shared e-mail adress in the "assigned to" field. Are any workarounds out there how to use the MS Flow functionality to cover step 2 and 3? Thank you for any help! 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,106)