Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YDRDK
Helper I
Helper I

Send e-mail to subjects from a table in excel

Hi,

I am trying to make a flow that automatically sends an e-mail to the people that I have in a table in excel (I have the name and e-mail in the table) every time something new is added to a folder in Sharepoint.

This is what I am trying to do:

YDRDK_0-1611746163160.png

YDRDK_1-1611746180440.png

I keep on getting an error in the Key Value in the "Get a row" part. What should i write in that field?

Does anyone know if I can do it in a different way?

Thank you!

Best,

Majken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How many rows do you have in your excel that you want to get in the flow? Is it a lot of rows?

You can use "List rows present in a table", as shown in screenshot below. If you can apply filter query that would be better so that you only fetch those rows that you need, otherwise you can skip filter query

annajhaveri_0-1611749894085.png

Then loop through the rows using Apply to each action as shown below, here you can get value of Email and Name column. In Apply to each action, select Value (list of  items) from dynamic content. And then inside apply to each action, add Compose action to get value of Email, select Email from Dynamic content, same way add another compose action to get value of Name.

annajhaveri_1-1611749939529.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@YDRDK , for Get Row action, are you looking to get specific row from excel, if yes, then that must be based on some value e.g. if there is an email column in excel which has all emails and you want to get row which has abc@test.com email value, then in Get Row Action in Key Column, Email column needs to be selected, and Key value will be abc@test.com 

Now as you are looking to send email to people in excel, do you want to get all rows from excel to get emails from all rows, or want to get a specific row?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

Hi @annajhaveri,

I am trying to get several rows in the table in Excel - how do I do that then? I only have the one option to choose from with rows.

My table looks like this:

YDRDK_0-1611748774068.png

I need the name as well in the e-mail.

I hope you can help me solve this as well, as I have tried a lot now and I have googled a lot as well, without getting a good solution. 

Best,

Majken

How many rows do you have in your excel that you want to get in the flow? Is it a lot of rows?

You can use "List rows present in a table", as shown in screenshot below. If you can apply filter query that would be better so that you only fetch those rows that you need, otherwise you can skip filter query

annajhaveri_0-1611749894085.png

Then loop through the rows using Apply to each action as shown below, here you can get value of Email and Name column. In Apply to each action, select Value (list of  items) from dynamic content. And then inside apply to each action, add Compose action to get value of Email, select Email from Dynamic content, same way add another compose action to get value of Name.

annajhaveri_1-1611749939529.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Thank you so much Anna - that worked and it is now fixed.

For now I only have 2 people in my table, however that is only because I am just testing at the moment, when I get the real data in there will be a lot more emails in the table. 

Best,

Majken

okay, how many rows do you expect the excel to have real time?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

I don't know for sure, but I think probably around 20/30 rows.

I hope it can still work with that amount of rows.

Yes that should work fine. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,531)