Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SylvieLet17
Level 8

Send email 5 days from SharePoint Calendar Event

Hi all, 

I'm trying to create a flow to send an email if an event exists 5 days from today. 

I have a recurring scheduled flow that checks a SharePoint Calendar and there's a For Each with condition as follows:

@equals(formatDateTime(item()?['EventDate'], 'MM/dd/yyyy'), formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(), 5), 'MM/dd/yyyy')) 

EventDate is the name of the "Start Date" field for the calendar. The flow runs successfully, but it always returns False. I have tried to change the parameters to: 1 day, 4 days, etc. but it still runs false no matter what. 

Any advice?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email 5 days from SharePoint Calendar Event

Hi @SylvieLet17,

How is your flow created? Are you trying to get all the events first then filter out an event that exists 5 days from today?

I assume that you need to add an Apply to each and format the Start date of all the items.

Please check the following flow configuration for a reference.

Action Get items is used to get all the items form the Calendar, under Apply to each, add a Condition with the following code:

@equals(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['EventDate'], 'MM/dd/yyyy'),formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(),5),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

It works fine, items that will exist 5 days from today will be filtered out. Images for your reference:

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SylvieLet17,

How is your flow created? Are you trying to get all the events first then filter out an event that exists 5 days from today?

I assume that you need to add an Apply to each and format the Start date of all the items.

Please check the following flow configuration for a reference.

Action Get items is used to get all the items form the Calendar, under Apply to each, add a Condition with the following code:

@equals(formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['EventDate'], 'MM/dd/yyyy'),formatDateTime(adddays(utcnow(),5),'MM/dd/yyyy'))

It works fine, items that will exist 5 days from today will be filtered out. Images for your reference:

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

SylvieLet17
Level 8

THis seems to be working thank you Mabel!

It didn't seem to run this morning, but I changed the days to 2, then back to 5 and it is running again. 

I'll monitor. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,513)