cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oliver_McErlane
Level: Powered On

Send email alerts to Board members private email informing them of new corporate email.

Hi,

I want to send "New corporate email alerts" to Board members private email address whenever they recieve a new email in their corporate Office 365 cloud Inbox. see screenshot.

I do not know their passwords. Can i use an administrator account as the connector? 

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Ollie

Capture.GIF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email alerts to Board members private email informing them of new corporate email.

Hi @Oliver_McErlane,

You can create a forward rule in every mailbox to send every mail to a shared mailbox. Then you could create a Flow which will catch all the incoming mail and based on who it's addressed to you can send an email to the private email. 

I don't know if this is a scenario you're comfortable with, but it could work! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WDRC

Re: Send email alerts to Board members private email informing them of new corporate email.

@Oliver_McErlane,

If you are the admin for the tenant, why not setup email forwarding that way, no need for flow or passwords, as long as you have their private email addresses that should not be an issue.  

However why are you leaking data out of the organisation by using this method, would they respond using their personal email, only an observation not meant as criticism.  

Regards,

Andrew

Oliver_McErlane

The original email may contain sensitive information, therefore we do not want to forward the email on.

We just want them to get an email alert to their primary email that they access on a daily basis, that they have recieved an email in their corporate cloud Inbox. This will prompt them to log in to their corporate email.

This works when the connector and To are the same account.

Problem is, I do not know the Board members passwords to set up the connectors so was wondering was it possible to use a connector account that had special permissions that could cover all these? e.g. admin@investni.com

Hope that makes sense.

Ollie

Super User
Super User

Hi @Oliver_McErlane,

The current connector doesn't work like that. It's not possible to have one account to rule them all... Smiley Wink

You can request it in the ideas forum, but I doubt they will build this functionality. 

Cheers,

Daniel

Oliver_McErlane

Is there any other possible way that we could achieve the same result?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Oliver_McErlane,

You can create a forward rule in every mailbox to send every mail to a shared mailbox. Then you could create a Flow which will catch all the incoming mail and based on who it's addressed to you can send an email to the private email. 

I don't know if this is a scenario you're comfortable with, but it could work! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Oliver_McErlane

This worked.

Thank you,

Ollie

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 102 members 5,436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: