cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send email based on Forms submission and SharePoint list.

I am new to Power Automate but making progress.  I am stuck with finishing this last task.  

Using a Form for external users.  I have a SharePoint list of emails I want to look up based on the location chosen in the Form.  

The SharePoint list contains Column 'Location' and Column 'Email Address'. I am hoping I don't need to create an individual Condition for 40 locations.  

I am not having much success with the steps I need to pull in the Email address.  Not sure if I am headed in the right direction. I have reviewed many of the posts but not one to my specific situation.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ajwhits_0-1606010156423.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Ajwhits,

Are the string values from the Microsoft Forms Student's School question and the location field exactly the same?

If so, you could just use the filter query of your get items instead of the filter array option.

filterquery.png

Highlighted

Thank you @Expiscornovus . Yes they are exactly the same.  

So just to clarify, this will only pull the location selected and not the entire list?  Should my next step still be Apply to each with output 'Student's School', then send email from the SharePoint List?  

Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly.  

Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Ajwhits,

That's correct, it will only pull the location selected and not the entire list.

Next will also still be an Apply to each loop with the output, even if it's only 1 result you are getting back. You could use an index [0] to prevent that loop though:

outputs('Get_Items')?['body/value']?[0]?['Emailaddress']

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,940)