cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taramoe
Level: Powered On

Send email based on SharePoint person field

I have a SharePoint list with a bunch of columns along with a person/group field.  Each Monday I'd like all the records based on a specific filter to be gathered and sent to those names in the person/group field.  Example of my SharePoint list:

Project Name               Date                           Person

ProjectXYZ                   10/7/2019                  Sam Jones

ProjectABC                   10/7/2019                  Jack Johnson

ProjectEFG                    10/7/2019                 Sam Jones

The result I'm looking for is one of the two below, either would work.

Option 1: I want one email sent to Sam Jones with his two records and one email sent to Jack Johnson with his one record.

Option 2: I would like one email sent to both of them with the complete list of all three projects.

I'm getting stuck. When I put the Email field from my SharePoint list in the 'To' line, I get two duplicate emails.  What am I missing?

Below are my screen shots:

Slide Reminder Whole Flow.jpgSlide Reminder Get Items.jpgSlide Reminder Send Email.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email based on SharePoint person field

Hi @taramoe 

You need to get the distinct (unique) from Person column.

Have a look at this link

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Cookbook/How-to-get-unique-column-values-from-a-SharePoint-...

Once you got the distinct values use the GetItems to filter by each person collect all values in an array or something. Finally send email. Here you need to use two for each loop. One for distinct values and another for get items.

Hope it make sense.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
taramoe
Level: Powered On

Re: Send email based on SharePoint person field

Hi @abm , thanks for your reply.  There are two issues here. 

1) After reviewing the link you sent, I inserted the Select and Set variable steps.  My Select box doesn't look like the one in the example and I don't have an option to set the variable, it's blank.

Slide Reminder Select & Set Variable.jpg

2) I don't necessarily understand the complete flow process to put it all together.  Even if I could get the distinct piece to work, how do I build the rest of it so it loops through correctly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,162)