cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dm_elementwa
Level: Powered On

Send email based on form response (First Name, Surname)

I'm trying to work out a way for an email address to be picked up based on a form response of someones name selected.

E.g.

My form asks: Select a Consultant

The list contains about 15 different consultant names (First Name, Last Name), all within our organisation.

Lets say the consultant "Bob Newbie" was selected.

The form is submitted.

What I Need:

Flow receives the form responses.

Detects the name "Bob Newbie".

Matches that name with his associated email address ("Bob Newbie" equals "bob.newbie@company.com.au")

Send email notification to "bob.newbie@company.com.au".

I want the response of this submission to go to the consultant based on what name was selected in the field.

Is this possible?

I've played with "Detect User ID" and it didn't work, I can see this article: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Send-emails-to-different-people-based-on-a-form-r... will probably solve the issue however I have 15 different conditions to add... I don't know that that would work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email based on form response (First Name, Surname)

Hi @dm_elementwa, yes it very possible and quite easy. There are 2 ways, either with switches or parallel branching. As the condition is static, i.e which consultant has been selected, I would use a Switch in this case. It makes the overall flow slightly less wide. I think you can have 25 cases so your dropdown of 15 consultants will be no problem. The images below show you both the switch case and parallel branching methods.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-Form.png1 - Form dropdown1-Switch.png2 - Switch case2-parallelBranching.png3 - Parallel branching

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @dm_elementwa, yes it very possible and quite easy. There are 2 ways, either with switches or parallel branching. As the condition is static, i.e which consultant has been selected, I would use a Switch in this case. It makes the overall flow slightly less wide. I think you can have 25 cases so your dropdown of 15 consultants will be no problem. The images below show you both the switch case and parallel branching methods.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-Form.png1 - Form dropdown1-Switch.png2 - Switch case2-parallelBranching.png3 - Parallel branching

View solution in original post

dm_elementwa
Level: Powered On

Champion! Thank you! This works perfectly 😄 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,416)