cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Send email everytime a column is modified?

Hi Guys,

This seems like a simple question but I cannot find an answer anywhere. I want to be able to send a personalized email to multiple departments every time a column is modified on a SharePoint list. The caveat is this... each column is assigned to a different department, so every time someone makes a modification on column A, an email should go to the ID Team and if someone makes a modification on Column B, an email should go to the legal team.

All the columns being modified are "dates"

It sounds straight forward but I cannot find a solution. Any help would be great! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

First you should duplicate your columns i.e. lets say you have LegalDate, FinanceDate, CommercialDate

Setup new columns called LastLegalDate, LastFinanceDate, LastCommercialDate.

Run your flow each time the item is created or modified.

Do a condition for each column you need i.e.

LegalDate is equal to LastLegalDate if it returns NO then update LastLegalDate=LegalDate and send your email modified email.

make the extra fields hidden so users do not get them on the new/edit/display forms.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

First you should duplicate your columns i.e. lets say you have LegalDate, FinanceDate, CommercialDate

Setup new columns called LastLegalDate, LastFinanceDate, LastCommercialDate.

Run your flow each time the item is created or modified.

Do a condition for each column you need i.e.

LegalDate is equal to LastLegalDate if it returns NO then update LastLegalDate=LegalDate and send your email modified email.

make the extra fields hidden so users do not get them on the new/edit/display forms.

View solution in original post

This did the trick. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,592)