cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahsa3109
Frequent Visitor

Send email from outlook to Teams channel with inline attachments

Hi,

I I have tried to send  the announcement email to Teams channel to share it with the team member by designing a power automate flow.  The announcement includes some inline pictures. The issue occurs that in the Teams channel the announcement  is received without any pictures.  The original format is this:

Mahsa3109_1-1640785315360.png

But the screenshot from the Teams with missing picture is below:

Mahsa3109_0-1640785234436.png

And the flow is :

Mahsa3109_2-1640785523232.png

I also used to do it by "post in teams " action. But it didn't work.

Mahsa3109_0-1640786083734.png

Is there any solution for that?

Bests

ME

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mahsa3109 ,

For now, I'm afraid there is no way to extract images from email body. There is already an idea in the Idea Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Embedded-images-sent-in-body-of-email-to-be...

If you like it, you could vote for it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Hi Jenffer,

I already find a solution. I needed to use the Forward action in the last step and add the email of the channel. Then it works perfectly and send the email with  all inline attachment as a post to Teams channel.

Bests,

Mahsa3109

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mahsa3109 ,

For now, I'm afraid there is no way to extract images from email body. There is already an idea in the Idea Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Embedded-images-sent-in-body-of-email-to-be...

If you like it, you could vote for it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Jenffer,

I already find a solution. I needed to use the Forward action in the last step and add the email of the channel. Then it works perfectly and send the email with  all inline attachment as a post to Teams channel.

Bests,

Mahsa3109

Hi @Mahsa3109 ,

That's a great workaround!

Please accept your reply as the solution and help other users will be able to find it.

Best regards,

Please can share the solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,760)