cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Send email to an email address filled out in a normal text field in a Sharepoint list

Hello,

Imagine a situation whereby we create a Sharepoint List containing the details of potential customers. One of the contact details we capture is the email address that we put in a normal text field.

I would like to send an email to that person based on his email addresss via Microsoft Flow, but when I try to do this Flow tells me that the dynamic field chosen is not an emaill address field.

Is there a way around this, meaning how do I get Flow to accept the email address in a 'Send Email' object for Outlook, for example?

Thanks and regards

Wim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Send email to an email address filled out in a normal text field in a Sharepoint list

Hello,

You are right. I was able to create a flow that sends out an email based on a simple text field containing an email address. When I tried it a while ago it did not work, so I probably did something wrong then.

Thank you for your swift reply!

Kind regards

Wim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send email to an email address filled out in a normal text field in a Sharepoint list

Hi @wplingers,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Further, could you please show a bit more about your error message?

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the data structure of it as below:15.JPG

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:13.JPG

Note: The Email Address column is Single line of text type column on my SharePoint list, which is used to store the email address of the contact.

The flow works successfully as below:14.JPG

Please check if you have filled proper dynamic value within To field of your "Send an email" action. In addition, please check if you have captured proper email address value within the normal text field of your SharePoint list.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hello,

You are right. I was able to create a flow that sends out an email based on a simple text field containing an email address. When I tried it a while ago it did not work, so I probably did something wrong then.

Thank you for your swift reply!

Kind regards

Wim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I'm trigger a mail every day once.

I get list items from the sharepoint list.

Loops and check condition.if the condition is satisified then a email is triggered.

In send mail In the To Cloumn option i want to add the single line of text column.but im unable to find the cloumn. insted i can see only created bu and modified by cloumn.

Even I need to send a mail using single of text cloumn data .But when try to send mail ,In the TO cloumn im not able to find the emailid cloumn name  as you can see in your screenshot.

please do the needful it is urgent .

Highlighted

Save the flow with some arbitrary values. Then come back to the flow again. Click on the To box and on the dynamic content option click on see more. THis should show all the fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,090)