cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normmsnpoweruse
Helper III
Helper III

Send email to multiple emails per item workaround

I am looking for a solution to send an email to multiple recipients from a "Person or Group" type column set to "Allow Multiple Selections" to yes. I found this blog https://sharepointmadeeasy.blogspot.com/2018/02/microsoft-flow-send-mail-to-multiple.html but she used "Get Item" action while I need to use "Get Items" so my flow is not working.

"Output" is not showing from the dynamic content - see red arrow. Thank you in advance.

5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

@Parmi 

@v-litu-msft

6 REPLIES 6
Ramiz
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @normmsnpoweruse 

I have the same scenario. I have 2 fields To & CC with multiple selections. In my flow I created a string variable and used Append function to append all emails. Make sure in append you put ; in value.  Try this out.

Get all EmailsGet all Emails

Send EmailSend Email

Thank you for your reply. I get this error in the send email action

"The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Send_an_email_(V2)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'emailMessage/To' is required to be of type 'String/email'. "

My variable is already a string..

@normmsnpoweruse 

I would suggest you to check the values after running. I have received this error in past and after checking my variables value I figured out that the values were wrong. Make sure the values are correct while appending.

Send EmailSend Email

Append VariableAppend Variable

It is working now but the flow is sending one email for two items to all site owners. For example, item one has two site owners, item two has one site owner. My flow would send one email to all 3 site owners 😞

8.jpg

Moving the Send Email inside Apply to Each 3 will send two separate emails now, the first email is correct for two recipients but the second email is combining all the email addresses for item 1 and 2 😞

9.jpg

Dear @normmsnpoweruse 

The Send an email (V2) should be inside Apply to each 3. However you need to reset the string variable before appending for next item. Just reset your string variable. Kindly see the attach images and try.

Reset VariableReset Variable

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,321)