cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachelRig
Advocate V
Advocate V

Send email when Approval is reassigned

I have a Flow that sends Approval tasks using the Start and wait for an approval action. I have configured it with Enable Notifications = Yes and Enable Reassignment = Yes. So tasks can be reassigned, but it seems the new assignee does not receive any notification that they now have a task to respond to. 

In testing with a teammate who had the Power Automate app on his phone, we found that he, as the new assignee, does get a push notification there -- but no regular email is sent. Why does Flow not inform the new assignee that they have a task? I have a customer who considers this bizarre limitation a deal-breaker. I cannot expect all the approvers to have the Power Automate app on their phones. Am I missing something or is there really no way to automatically inform the re-assignee of their task?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachelRig 

As you indicate, when the approvals are reassigned, they are supposed to generate an email message to the new approver, I just tested this in my internal environment. If the users are not able to get the message, please go ahead a create a support case with the Power Automate team and we can take a look at this.

https://flow.microsoft.com/support/ 

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachelRig 

As you indicate, when the approvals are reassigned, they are supposed to generate an email message to the new approver, I just tested this in my internal environment. If the users are not able to get the message, please go ahead a create a support case with the Power Automate team and we can take a look at this.

https://flow.microsoft.com/support/ 

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

@chsanche  Thank you for the response! I could have sworn that it used to send emails so I thought I was losing my mind. So far no emails are happening. Is it possible that the Exchange admins are blocking these message? Proofpoint, maybe? I will run through some more tests and then probably ask our product owners to put in a support ticket. Thanks for clarifying.

Same Issue, It's all set up correctly but when an Approver reassigns, no email is sent to them. This needs to be fixed asap - Makes reassign useless for our managers, they need an email.

Did more testing. Added an extra approval and found that when I add Attachments it won't send an email on reassign. If I just remove attachments it works.

Just another day troubleshooting MicroBug (Microsoft) bugs for them.

Here is another for you guys to fix 😞

If you include attachments in a "Create an Approval", if someone reassigns, the new assignee will not get an email notification.

ewfefwef_0-1602795897371.png

RachelRig
Advocate V
Advocate V

Just to follow up on this: The emails to a new/re-assignee did miraculously start working again. I did absolutely nothing to make this happen but the customer was convinced I had secretly fixed some silly oversight. 😐 

Maybe it was something else in the environment like email security (proofpoint, etc..) holding them up. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,022)