cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marika21
Frequent Visitor

Send email when MS List column is updated

Hello,

I`m trying to create a flow that will trigger an email to a client when one of the columns in MS List is updated. 

I created this flow:

01.JPG

is working when I update the specific column, however, if I also want to update other information in the different column for the same items I'm getting email too. not sure what I`m doing wrong. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have no idea if this is the issue, but in the past whenever I used "When an item is created or modified" trigger, and then tried to "Get changes for an item or a file (properties only)", it would always raise an error (I just created a test and I still get an error.  In your Get changes for an item or a file (properties only) action, what are you putting in your "since" field? That is what flags the error for me. 

The only way I could get this to work properly was to use "Whan an item or a file is modified" trigger (no create). Odd that you aren't getting an error, but maybe try a test flow and change your trigger, and see if that works. 

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. In the since field, I have "modified" when this item was last changed.

I changed the trigger to "Whan an item or a file is modified" but still I have the same issue. it works when I change my first column called 1st reminder that I added to the condition, however when I update column 2 for the same item called the second reminder I get the same email. 

I found a solution 🙂 so I´m sharing just in case you need it one day. In the since field, I use this expression:

sub(int(triggerOutputs()?['body/{VersionNumber}']),1) 

now the flow is looking if any change was made in the item. 
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When using "Get changes for an item or a file", there are two tokens from the trigger you can use to make this a lot easier for you. They are: Trigger Window Start Token and Trigger Window End Token.  

ccc333ab_0-1624890831432.png

So you can then use these in your Since/Until properties when you are looking for a change to a certain column. 

ccc333ab_1-1624890906689.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,429)