cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marika21
Frequent Visitor

Send email when MS List column is updated

Hello,

I`m trying to create a flow that will trigger an email to a client when one of the columns in MS List is updated. 

I created this flow:

01.JPG

is working when I update the specific column, however, if I also want to update other information in the different column for the same items I'm getting email too. not sure what I`m doing wrong. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have no idea if this is the issue, but in the past whenever I used "When an item is created or modified" trigger, and then tried to "Get changes for an item or a file (properties only)", it would always raise an error (I just created a test and I still get an error.  In your Get changes for an item or a file (properties only) action, what are you putting in your "since" field? That is what flags the error for me. 

The only way I could get this to work properly was to use "Whan an item or a file is modified" trigger (no create). Odd that you aren't getting an error, but maybe try a test flow and change your trigger, and see if that works. 

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. In the since field, I have "modified" when this item was last changed.

I changed the trigger to "Whan an item or a file is modified" but still I have the same issue. it works when I change my first column called 1st reminder that I added to the condition, however when I update column 2 for the same item called the second reminder I get the same email. 

I found a solution 🙂 so I´m sharing just in case you need it one day. In the since field, I use this expression:

sub(int(triggerOutputs()?['body/{VersionNumber}']),1) 

now the flow is looking if any change was made in the item. 
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When using "Get changes for an item or a file", there are two tokens from the trigger you can use to make this a lot easier for you. They are: Trigger Window Start Token and Trigger Window End Token.  

ccc333ab_0-1624890831432.png

So you can then use these in your Since/Until properties when you are looking for a change to a certain column. 

ccc333ab_1-1624890906689.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,822)