cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send email when Sharepoint item is modified

Hi,

I have successfully created a flow to send me an email when an item is added to a Sharepoint list, by one of my team members.  It is of note that my email is not in Outlook. (IBM Notes) However, there is a second piece I am having trouble with.

On each item, there will be a blank cell, that will be filled in by me, once I complete another unrelated process.  When I fill in the blank cell, I want that to trigger a flow that sends an email to the origianl creator of the item, letting them know what I put in the blank cell.  I was able to successfully run the flow by manually typing my email address, as a test, as the recipient.  However, I want the recipient to be dynamic, based off the orginial item creator.  I think I am having issues because we do not have Outlook email, but am not entirely sure.

Thanks!

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email when Sharepoint item is modified

Hi Bill2017,

In the action “Send an email”, you could select the dynamic content “Created By Email” for the To field.

Then when an item is modified, an email would be sent to the creator.

3.PNG

While if you don’t have a subscription for Office 365 Outlook, you could consider to add a Text column for creators to enter their email address manually.

Say I have added a Text column named “Email”, in the To field, I select the dynamic content Email. The flow also works as expect.

4.PNG

Please try it on your side and let me know if this will work for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email when Sharepoint item is modified

Hi Bill2017,

In the action “Send an email”, you could select the dynamic content “Created By Email” for the To field.

Then when an item is modified, an email would be sent to the creator.

3.PNG

While if you don’t have a subscription for Office 365 Outlook, you could consider to add a Text column for creators to enter their email address manually.

Say I have added a Text column named “Email”, in the To field, I select the dynamic content Email. The flow also works as expect.

4.PNG

Please try it on your side and let me know if this will work for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 466 members 5,887 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: