cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyB747

Send email when a specific form choice is made

I have a form that has several choice options.  I would like to send an email to a specific department when one of these choices has been selected.

request.PNG

As an example, if Egnyte was selected, i would want to send an email to the Egnyte team.  If Egnyte and Grammerly were selected, i would want to send two emails one to the Egnyte Team and one to the Grammerly as the emails would be different.  If all choices were selected, i would want to send 5 different emails to five different teams.  If nothing was selected, then no emails would be sent.

I'm fairly new to Forms and PA, is there a way this can be completed?

Thanks 

AB747

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndyB747 

You should allow multiple answers on your question (checkbox instead of option) and then do something like this:

forms-multiple.png

Responses with multiple values came in the format ["Plane","Car","Others"], so you need an expression to get the items without special characters:

replace(replace(replace(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r070f8e2644594002b6d17633e5f950cc'],'","',','), '["',''), '"]','')

where  outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r070f8e2644594002b6d17633e5f950cc'] is the form field name (reference).

After that, you can iterate through all the items (apply-to-each), splitting items by ",", and with a switch action detect the value and send mail accordingly.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks for this fchopo

I’ve changed from option to checkbox as suggestedcouple of quick questions

('Get_response_details')?['body/r070f8e2644594002b6d17633e5f950cc'] this part is the form field name?  So in my case this would be

('Get_response_details')?['body/rNew Starter Equipment] or does the long ID go in here instead?

replace(replace(replace(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r070f8e2644594002b6d17633e5f950cc'],'","',','), '["',''), '"]','')

do you mean I add in the specific fields ie Egnyte or Grammerly?  Could you give me an example?

How does the below look?

flow.PNG

Thanks

Andy B747

AndyB747

Just to update on this one, this is the question where i want a specific email to go to a different address depending on the response

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 13.19.26.png

As an example, if a user requested Webex, an email would be sent to the Webex team only to assign a license.  It would be the same for a Egnyte license, if selected, an email would go to the Egynte team only to assign a license.

If two licenses were requested, it would go to those two teams only as per the above.

When i get a response, i get a [ ] around each response, does the above resolve this as i am still getting errors.

Is this possible and how do i get a flow to complete this question, does the above look ok (apologies, just starting out in Power Automate).  If anyone can help with a suggested flow, that would be great!

Thanks

AndyB747

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Correct! Unfortunately, in Power Automate you don't see the questions by their name, and you'll realize it uses some specific id's (shown while you browse on the responses fields).

If you follow step-by-step what I showed in previous response, it should work.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
AndyB747

Struggling a bit on this one if someone can help?

Getting the response back of

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 08.50.25.png

Now i think this is because i have entered the following

replace(replace(replace(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/FORMREFERENCE'],'","',','), '["',''), '"]','')

As i have Egnyte, Webex, Adobe DC Pro, Adobe CC and Grammerly, could anyone help where these go in the above?

My flow currently looks like

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 08.54.20.png

Could someone help with a flow showing the flow details on the following form

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 08.56.38.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,274)