cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasc1979
Level: Powered On

Send email when multiple items are modified

I would like to create an advanced condition in a custom trigger that sends one email once multiple items with a shared value for one field (Group) have an approval status set to "Yes".  So in example below the person would get an email  as soon as the last item in Group A had been seet to yes.

Any suggestions?

GroupItem NumberApproval Status
AA123Yes
AA345Yes
AA456Yes
AA789Yes
BB123No
BB345Yes
BB567No
BB789No
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email when multiple items are modified

Hi @thomasc1979,

The expression in the Filter Query should as below:

group eq 'Dynamic content of group'

Please make sure you have add a '' to the Dynamic content of group.

Capture.PNG 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @thomasc1979

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about your requirement?

What is the type of the Approval Status column? Is it a choice type column in your sharepoint list?

Do you want the flow to send an email the person if all items of the group with a "Yes" Approval Status when an item of the group is created or updated?

If the Approval Status column is a choice type column in your sharepoint list,  and you want to send an email the person if all items of the group with a "Yes" Approval Status when an item of the group is created or updated. I have made a test on my side, you could refer to my screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Please take a try with my workaround or please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

thomasc1979

Here is an example of what the list would be like.  Multiple items associated with a group.  The Approval field is yes/no.  I would like an email notification to go to someone once all items in a Group have Approval=Yes.

I willl look at your example screens and see if I can figure them out.  The most complicated I've gotten with flows are concatenated conditions but need to learn more advanced logic.

flowtesting.png

thomasc1979

So I tried the setup from your screen caps.  First test through I got this error for the Get Items step.

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The expression \"Group eq1\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 044f44b8-9355-40e1-a9bb-1c02d8abfb96\r\nserviceRequestId: 5085b89e-5010-7000-71b6-29542137cc82"
}

I thought maybe the "Group eq" in the Filter was maybe a type.  I removed that and just put the Dynamic value for that column in the filter.  Then when I run it I get this error.
{
"message": "The query is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: fc1bf69d-2f70-4ba9-8641-32cd70a1187d\r\nserviceRequestId: 7885b89e-700e-7000-71b6-2436c93ac507"
}

If I remove the filter I get an email notification for all records if there is a change in value to one in the Group column. So the email part works, but the rest of the logic is not working.

thomasc1979

I realized i should not have capitalized "Group" in the filter.  But when I change that to "group eq <group>" (where <group> is the dynamic value) I get this error at the Get Items step:

{
"message": "The expression \"group eqA\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 0f8030dc-bba2-4cf7-89e0-c687b1e07247\r\nserviceRequestId: a3f9b89e-e063-7000-71b6-2c3099e7f464"
}

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.  I felt like what I was trying to accomplish was simple compared to the complex usage of flow typically discussed here.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @thomasc1979,

The expression in the Filter Query should as below:

group eq 'Dynamic content of group'

Please make sure you have add a '' to the Dynamic content of group.

Capture.PNG 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,218)