cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KyleDoddemeade1
Level: Powered On

Send email when new item is created (Validation Issues)

Hi All,

Apolgies if this has been answered previously but I am having diffculty finding the answer.

I'm fairly new to sharepoint (about 2 days) and I have been tasked with an excerise that involves creating a flow for onboarding. The aim is when a new item (employee) is added to a list then the flow will send 2 emails out, one to the line manager and team lead, then to the new employee.

So far everything has run smoothly but I am now stuck on validation (if i'm using the right phrase).

Issue: When the first record is added it is fine, however soon as I add more items - it sends the previous existing users as well. From what I can see i'm not specifying that what needs to be sent is the new item details, however I am unsure on how to over come this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Flow Screenshots below:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gristy
Level 10

Re: Send email when new item is created (Validation Issues)

Hey

The problem is instead of using the trigger values, you are querying the list and retriving likely using a Get Items by the look of it (hard to tell as you have renamed).

Delete the action "Get New Starter"/"Get New Starter2" and use dynamic data from the trigger body.

You probally do not need to branch and repeat a lot of the same actions for the two emails either, but may get the first part fixed first.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gristy
Level 10

Hey

The problem is instead of using the trigger values, you are querying the list and retriving likely using a Get Items by the look of it (hard to tell as you have renamed).

Delete the action "Get New Starter"/"Get New Starter2" and use dynamic data from the trigger body.

You probally do not need to branch and repeat a lot of the same actions for the two emails either, but may get the first part fixed first.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

KyleDoddemeade1
Level: Powered On

Hi Chris,

Many thanks, I implemented your reccomendation this morning and it all seems to be working (albiet a bit of tidying up is needed).

If you have a resource to tidy up the branching and repetitive actions that would be great.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,553 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: