cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send email when new item is created (Validation Issues)

Hi All,

Apolgies if this has been answered previously but I am having diffculty finding the answer.

I'm fairly new to sharepoint (about 2 days) and I have been tasked with an excerise that involves creating a flow for onboarding. The aim is when a new item (employee) is added to a list then the flow will send 2 emails out, one to the line manager and team lead, then to the new employee.

So far everything has run smoothly but I am now stuck on validation (if i'm using the right phrase).

Issue: When the first record is added it is fine, however soon as I add more items - it sends the previous existing users as well. From what I can see i'm not specifying that what needs to be sent is the new item details, however I am unsure on how to over come this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Flow Screenshots below:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email when new item is created (Validation Issues)

Hey

The problem is instead of using the trigger values, you are querying the list and retriving likely using a Get Items by the look of it (hard to tell as you have renamed).

Delete the action "Get New Starter"/"Get New Starter2" and use dynamic data from the trigger body.

You probally do not need to branch and repeat a lot of the same actions for the two emails either, but may get the first part fixed first.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hey

The problem is instead of using the trigger values, you are querying the list and retriving likely using a Get Items by the look of it (hard to tell as you have renamed).

Delete the action "Get New Starter"/"Get New Starter2" and use dynamic data from the trigger body.

You probally do not need to branch and repeat a lot of the same actions for the two emails either, but may get the first part fixed first.

Cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Chris,

Many thanks, I implemented your reccomendation this morning and it all seems to be working (albiet a bit of tidying up is needed).

If you have a resource to tidy up the branching and repetitive actions that would be great.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,806)