Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Send email with PDF attachment

Hi all,

I have build a Flow which sends an email ("Send an email" action) to recipients specified on a SharePoint list. I would  like to attach two PDF files to this email. Is there a way to do this similar to Outlook where you simply select "Attach items"?

Thanks,

Anne

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send email with PDF attachment

Hi @anne_danko ,

Do you want to send an email with attachments from SharePoint list?

I have created a flow likes below for your reference.

Add the trigger When an item is created.

Initialize variable. Name: Test, Type: Array.

Get attachments. Note: select ID from the trigger.

Add Apply to each, Get attachment content. Note: select ID for Id from trigger, select Id for File identifier from action Get attachment.

Within the apply to each, add action Append to array variable.

Name: Test

Value:

{

“ContentBytes”: body('Get_attachment_content').$content

“Name”: DisplayName

}

Under the Apply to each, add action send an email. Note: click the button to Switch to input entire array of the attachments field, and select variable Test for it.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Mabel,

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, however, my scenario is a little different.

I would like to send an email (via Flow) to recipients mentioned in a SharePoint list. To this email, I would like to attach a PDF document which is stored on the SharePoint.

Could you assist with this as well?

Many thanks,

Anne

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anne_danko ,

How do you want the flow to be triggered?

The first scenario could be used if you want to send an email whenever a new item is created.

However, if you would like to get all the pdf files stored on the list, please take a try with the following flow.

I am using a Condition to check whether the file is a pdf file, as Flow is case sensitive so I have to filter out both .pdf and .PDF.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi! I have a similar situation where I'm trying to add an attachment to to an email. My scenario is I have a Flow setup with Forms to send an confirmation email to the submitter, I want have an excel spreadsheet attached to that email. The problem I'm having is how to get the excel spreadsheet attached to the email. Do I need to have the excel file stored on sharepoint in order to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,385)