cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jshah
Level: Powered On

Send email with excel as attachment

I am unable to send an email with excel file on my desktop or onedrive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email with excel as attachment

Hi @jshah,

Do you want to send an email with an Excel file from your OneDriver as attachment?

I agree with @ScottShearer's thought almost, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Get file metadata" action, File field set to a specific file that you want to send as email attachment.
  • Add a "Get file content" action, File field set to Id dynamic content of the "Get file metadata" action.
  • Add a "Send an email" action, Attachments Name -1 field set to Display name dynamic content of the "Get file metadata" action, Attachments Content -1 field set to File content dynamic content of the "Get file content" action.

Image reference:6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

8.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Could you provide some more detail such as any erroro messages that you receive, a crenn shot of your Flow, etc..

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
jshah

Actually there is no option to attach excel file in email. If you could send some sample screenshot on how to send an email with excel as attachment that would be helpful.

My excel file is on one drive.

thanks.

Super User
Super User

I believe what you are trying to do is use the "For a selected file" trigger to attach the selected file to an email.  This is not available in the consumer/free version of OneDrive but is available in OneDrive for Business.  I don't know if there are plans to add this capability to the consumer version of OneDrive.

If what you want to do is to send an email with a file attached when that file is created or modified, that capability is currently available.

The  screen shot below uses a OneDrive and Outlook (consumer version) connection.

OneDrive.jpg

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jshah,

Do you want to send an email with an Excel file from your OneDriver as attachment?

I agree with @ScottShearer's thought almost, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Get file metadata" action, File field set to a specific file that you want to send as email attachment.
  • Add a "Get file content" action, File field set to Id dynamic content of the "Get file metadata" action.
  • Add a "Send an email" action, Attachments Name -1 field set to Display name dynamic content of the "Get file metadata" action, Attachments Content -1 field set to File content dynamic content of the "Get file content" action.

Image reference:6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

8.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jshah

Perfect!

thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,159)