cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Send email with html table with summary row

I currently send an automated recap email every day containing some summary info about our current outstanding estimates using a sharepoint list filtered by a filter query in flow, an html table, and then the "send an email" step in Flow. I would like to add a row at the bottom of this table that contains the total value of the outstanding estimates. I've included some screenshots showing my current flow setup as well as the current automated email that is generated. Alternatively I would like to include this total value as a separate item in the email (below the table) along the lines of:

Total Outstanding Estimates: $XXX.XX

I'm not sure where to start with this, and I suspect the latter option (separate item, not attached to the table) would be easier. Has anyone attempted this in the past that may be able to point me in the right direction?

Flow-outstanding estimates.jpgFlow-outstanding estimates2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzelak,

I have seen a blog on Calculate running totals and tracking maximum values in Flow, please check it at here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/calculate-running-totals-and-tracking-maximum-values-in-flow/

Hope it could be a reference for you.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hello,  @mzelak!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities
Helper I
Helper I

Taking a look now, thanks for the reply and follow up! Will circle back asap.

Helper I
Helper I

This gets close--I run into trouble because it appears the incrementing step only works with integers, but I would like to preserve the monetary value with decimal places. Is there another angle to try here?

Helper I
Helper I

That worked! The dollar sign made the data a string, so I just needed to parse that out with replace(). My final question on this one:

The total is inputed without formatting (commas), is it possible to add this in? It's easy enough to add the $ back in with the email, but the "," is a bit tougher from what I can tell.

The total currently displays as:

Total Outstanding: $16669.04

I would like this to display as:

Total Outstanding: $16,669.04

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,033)