cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send email with options to send multiple requests all at once

Hi Guys,

I'm Trying to use power automate to send bunch of follow up emails to customers. 

My flow is being triggered on occurrence of once per week and should do:

1- Get items from share point list

2-for each item retrieved >> to send an email with options ( Accept invoice - Reject invoice)

however the flow send only one email "the first email" only and wait for it's response before sending any other emails.

Are there an option that i can use to make the flow send all the emails at once and then wait for the replies after then instead of sending them one by one only after receiving the response of the customer to send the new email to the new customer ?

Thanks in advance.

send Email with options! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omostafa97 ,

I speculate that Send an email with options should be configured in Apply to each.

So the Send email with options action will not send the next Approval request until one Approval request is completed.

You can do the following settings for Apply to each so that multiple Approval requests can be sent at the same time.

142.PNG

In addition, it is recommended to use Filter Query to filter the items that meet the conditions, so as to improve the operating efficiency.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @omostafa97  if you are using an approval you need to wait the response, the conector is maded to do that, but you can use send an email with options to configure the options you want.

email.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply,

I'm already using send email with options.

However, i send messages with content retrieved from Get items actions which retrieve around 300 Item.

My concern was to send the entire 300 Emails at once and then if any of them is responded then to perform an action depending on the selected option.

However, flow only send one email and wait for the response then it start sending the 2nd email.

Another Question regarding Get Items,

Is it possible to split the retrieved items by counts for example if i have 300 Item retrieved can i split them into group of 40 items each ?

Thanks.

Highlighted

@omostafa97 If you have an apply to each I recommend you set the concurrency control in the Settings of the apply to each to the maximum of 50. But even with that it will still wait until there are spaces before the next emails are sent. We had the same problem with the Send an email with options yesterday and what we did with this was to add an extra column in our SharePoint list, separate the recipients into groups called A, B, C, D etc of no more than 50 in each group:

flowgroupE-list.pngthen have a separate flow for each group using a filter query to select the group letter:

flowgroupE.png

Rob

Los Gallardos

Highlighted

This is a brilliant Idea,

my issue is that i can't do that in the SharePoint list as it will need to get updated every week.
i'm looking into something that can group them inside flow it self ( group each 40 or 50 items in an array) and then for each group to start sending the emails.

Are there any function or action that can do this ?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omostafa97 ,

I speculate that Send an email with options should be configured in Apply to each.

So the Send email with options action will not send the next Approval request until one Approval request is completed.

You can do the following settings for Apply to each so that multiple Approval requests can be sent at the same time.

142.PNG

In addition, it is recommended to use Filter Query to filter the items that meet the conditions, so as to improve the operating efficiency.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,476)