cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victorwc
Level: Powered On

Send email with same subject to force into conversation/thread

Hi,

I created one ticketing system (helpdesk) with Sharepoint+Flow. User create request(list item) from the custom list and it will trigger the FLOW to send an email from an shared mail box when it is created or modified. Then the operator will update the request and also the mail will be sent until the status become closed.

It works fine basically but the mails sent by FLOW cannot be folded as conversation/thread even the title and the sender is same.  It would be useful if there is some solution that can realize this function.

Is there anyone have same need or is there any solution already?

Thank you for your ideas in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email with same subject to force into conversation/thread

Hi @victorwc ,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow? Do the recipients reply to the emails?

I have set up the flow likes below to test this issue:

1.PNG

I then found that if email recipients don’t reply to the email, the emails won’t be folded as conversation/thread.

You can test this by sending emails directly from one email address to another one. All the emails will be considered as New if there is no Reply to them, so they won’t be folded as conversation.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
victorwc
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

Thank you for your reply.

There will be no responses to these mails.

Since our goal is to let user use sharepoint list only to update infomation and add append-only comments, so no reply of mail is accepted. Mails are considered as notifications, not communication tools.

Some existing ticketing system like Zendesk, Redmine can do same functionality without communication by mails, so I suppose it is technically possible. It is just I dont know how to realize this with Sharepoint and Flow.

I found another topic indicating that Conversation ID is the element used for fold the conversation, maybe that is the missing part.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/quot-Send-email-with-options-quot-add-quot-Conversati...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @victorwc ,

Thanks for sharing the idea.

It is currently a not available feature for Flow.

Please feel free submit your request on Flow Ideas Forum, so that it might be taken into consideration in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,862)