Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TJ2
Level: Powered On

Send emails to different people based on a form response

Hello,

If the response to an open ended question in MS Forms is an email address, can I send an email to that address without knowing ahead of time what that response is going to be? In other words, can I "map" a response to a specific email address/email? I am a beginner, so please add step by step instructions if this is even possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WDRC

Re: Send emails to different people based on a form response

@TJ2,

Good news, can you makr this post as closed.

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
WDRC

@TJ2

So if i have it right, you send a request for someone to fill in a form, are these people inside or outside your organisation. If they are internal then they will be singed in to their accout and as part of the dynamic content this will record the respondents email address.  I believe that if they are external then you need to be asking them for their address as one of the questions along with their first name.  Then you can email the external person. Forms and SharePoint Lists are the way to go with this.

However I do not think that answers your question, the best way I have found is to try it out, there is lot of dynamic content that forms will give you over and above the the questions you ask.

I hope that others who are more expert than me my understand the inferance fo your question more than I do.

Regards,

Andrew

TJ2

Thank you, Andrew. Yes, all of the responses would be to an internal email (Outlook). So I hope there is a way through Forms they can be connected somehow, even if the response goes to a SharePoint list, maybe the Flow can put it up from the SharePoint list? Not sure. Didn't even know what Flow was until very recently. Still figuring out it's capabilities. 

WDRC

@TJ2

Okay now I know its all internal then I suggest you look at the following template.

Template

The above is what I started out with and it works quite well. 

All I would suggest is try it out, understand what questions you are asking in the form, keep it simple to start with as if you introduce more complicated items this causes problems and will involve you reading a lot of the posts on this forum.  The more questions you ask, the more SharePoint list items you need create and thus link into the form. 

So your process very simply as far as I can see, is as follows:

• Send email with link to form to internal users
  • User fills out form
  • Responses recorded in SharePoint List
  • Send user back a copy of their response via E-Mail

So the above template would help out with some of this but not all of it, so I would add send an email V2 to step after the SharePoint List.

Hope that helps, send me screen shot of your flow, once you have got it all into a basic sort of structure, then we can work from there.  However it is a bit like joining the dots as we all did as children with those books of images.

I will be about sometime tomorrow so look forward to hearing from you if you need any further help.

Regards,

Andrew

WDRC

@TJ2

You may like to look at simialr post that gvies you all you may need.

Forms

Regards,

Andrew

TJ2

I figured it out. I saw another post where conditions were set up for the reply and it worked. Thank you. 

WDRC

@TJ2,

Good news, can you makr this post as closed.

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 4,380 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: