I have few flows which sends for approval when a new file is created. But this one particular form on sharepoint needs to be sent for approval after one particular person updates the form is it possible?
Whats achieved so far
1. User fills the form and saves it in SharePoint Library.
2. Flow triggers an email to one particular user. Not an approval
3. This user updates the 'Office use only' section and saves it. This section contains forecasted expense and approver details (person/group picker)
what needs to be achieved after step 3.
4. Flow to triggers an approval process to the person details entered in step 3.
any help on this will be much appreciated. Let me know if you need more details.
Hi @rubertjack ,
I am afraid I am not able to understand your needs. Could you explain your needs with screenshots?
When a new item is created, flow sends an email with the form to an individual (no approval and no conditions are used) using the template 'send an email when a new item is created'.
This receipient updates the content a 'section called office use only' and I need to send the updated form for approval. Today i found a template 'Send form responses for approval' and would like to use it for apprvoal process or something similar and not sure how to configure as details are not pulling from the form.
Hi @rubertjack ,
You could add a Compose action after Get response details action, so you could get the Dynamic content output from Get response details action.
Hi Barry, @v-bacao-msft
That didn't work. It still did not pull up any info.
Here's what the we're doing.
1. someone fills the form and clicks on save or submit which saves in SP library.
2. Flow triggers a email to a email ID that a new form is submitted with the link.
3. The person who received it, opens the form by clicking on the link then updates one particular section of the same form and saves it. This section has 'people picker' too.
4. What should I do to trigger an approval process to the person who's name was updated in step 3.