cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbriner

Send form on event approval

We have rooms which require event approval, now they want to send a form to the organizer once the event is approved.

I tried with "When an event is created" but this seems to send the form no matter what as a tentative event is also an event.

flow.png

How do you guys handle this without taking the other direction (starting with the form rather than the event in the calendar)?

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @pbriner ,

Your flow should look like the below with the Send Email after the approval task inside a condition.

ericcheng_3-1632129554505.png

When an approval is pending, your flow will also be pending.

ericcheng_1-1632129440117.png

Once, approved, it will send the email

ericcheng_2-1632129483533.png

You will need a separate flow with the MS Forms trigger to capture and manage responses. 

Also, a side note, if you are using D365 customer voice, you can use the Send Invitation/Send Survey action.  Otherwise, use the Send Email action and just include a link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

The rooms require approval that's done one Exchange side. Unfortunately a new event already triggers the "when an event is created" flow. So the to keep it automated the solution might be a trigger on event change from "tentatively accepted" to accepted, is this possible? I really like to avoid manual user interaction where applicable.

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @pbriner ,

In the trigger body of your flow history, does it contain anything that mentions the status of the approval?  If so, you can look at using a trigger condition against that value.

If you don't have the details in your trigger body and cannot use trigger conditions, you can then look at using the Graph API to check the status of the approval.  Your flow will still trigger for each booking but you can at least use Graph to check on the status of the approval before sending the email out.

Sorry, i don't have an example to test on my end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,298)