cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send items meeting column criteria from a SharePoint List via Daily Scheduled Flow

I have created a workflow that populates a SharePoint list with safety findings from different construction sites. The items can have a Status of either "Open" or "Closed". Contractors need to have access to the list of "Open" items in order to track and close them. The contractors from the different sites are outside my organization and therefore cannot view the SharePoint list. I am trying to work around this by using flow to send an email every day with all items from the list that meet certain criteria. ("Status"='Open' and one other column, either "Site"='site name' or "Project"='project name'). 

I was initially trying to solve this by starting with a Scheduled flow and using "Get Items" function from SharePoint and then "Create HTML Table" and finally "Mail" function. I get the following error "The 'from' property value in the 'select' action inputs is of type 'Object'. The value must be an array."

Any other ideas for how to accomplish sending the sharepoint list via email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

@BriceBowden 

Hello,

You can initialize an array variable and populate it using append to array action. Please see the example below for reference.

Also, you should consider using Office 365 outlook connector instead of Mail, as Mail connector has limitations on emails per day. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/#throttling-limits

Screen1.png

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

@BriceBowden 

Hello,

You can initialize an array variable and populate it using append to array action. Please see the example below for reference.

Also, you should consider using Office 365 outlook connector instead of Mail, as Mail connector has limitations on emails per day. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/#throttling-limits

Screen1.png

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,300)