cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Send list Item attachment as email attachment using flow

Hi,

I have a scenario that I need to send newly created list item attachment as an email attachment. Help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rizwan

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send list Item attachment as email attachment using flow

Hi rizwanmahfooz,

Thanks for your feedback. It seems that this feature has not been supported yet.

I have seen several related ideas at Flow Ideas Forum, please consider to vote and comment at here:

1. Create attachments and list attachments from SharePoint Online List Item
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-attachments-and-list-attachments-from-SharePoi...

2. Possibility to send attachments of a SharePoint list item as email attachment
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Possibility-to-sent-attachments-of-a-SharePoint-list-...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks for the response, can you please confirm the scenario below

I have a Doc library named 'MyDocs' and inside that a folder named 'FolderA', on which a flow is configured that triggers on file create event.

Now, let say i create a new folder 'FolderA1' inside 'FolderA' and upload some file in 'FolderA1', should it trigger the flow configured against the parent folder.

If not, can you please explain the behavior what it is like that.

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rizwan-mahfooz,

It seems that we are not able to trigger a flow when a file is uploaded to a sub folder inside a library when the flow is configured against parent library.

I have test this issue on my side by creating a flow which is configured against the parent folder. When I upload a file to the sub folder, the flow cannot be triggered. While it can be triggered successfully when the file is uploaded to the parent library.

As when we configure the flow, we are asked to specify a specific folder, so only when files uploaded to the specific folder can the flow be triggered.

3.PNG

You could also consider to create a new request on this issue, I will help collect it from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Okay, let me create a separate request for this
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rizwan-mahfooz,

Thanks for your understanding.

If there are other customers who have the same issues, I will also suggest them to vote your idea. PGs will check the forum and take hot ideas into consideration first.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I got this working using Get attachments and Get attachment content (don't know if these are new actions, but that was pretty straithgforward). Only problem is that if there are multiple attachments, separate email will be send for each attahcment.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you manage to open the attachment after it's sent to email. I cannot open PNG image for example. error2.PNGerror1.PNG

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes I can open the files. I have tested with .jpg, .png and .pdf. Here is how I created it:

sendAttachment.jpg

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very very much. I did almost the same except that the action Send an email was outside Apply to each 2 box. 

Capture1.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Besiana,

Can you show how you set up your send mail step and how you referenced the Get Attachment Content step.

I cannot get this to work.

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll post two screenshots and maybe they can help anyone (I hope that you'll understand because some of the descriptions are not in English)

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

aniaRe: Send list Item attachment as email attachment using flow

Thanks Besiana,

I was hoping for a solution where the mail step was outside of the apply to each in order to achieve multiple attachments on a single e-mail.

For now I have created a step to create a SP folder, store the attachments added to the list item and my mail includes a link to the SP folder for the recipient to view. A bit of permissions management but the best solution I have found so far.

Thanks

JB

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: aniaRe: Send list Item attachment as email attachment using flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,934)