cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
one2know
Regular Visitor

Send mail from shared mailbox - not working

Hi there

I am new to flow and i have the following problem: I want to create an automated answer on a shared mailbox (not licensed, no login credentials). The condition is already working, but i am not able to send the email from the shared mailbox. If i choose my own mailbox, everything is working fine.

These are the errors i got:

-Status code: 404

-Item '**********'doesn't belong to the targeted mailbox '*****************'

-ErrorInvalidMailboxItemId

My question is: Is it even possible to use a shared mailbox for this purpose? Or do i need a licensed mailbox? 

I also can not add the shared mailbox as a new connection, because there are no login credentials.

Thank you for your support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @one2know, did you populate the  "Original Mailbox Address" field in "Reply to email (V3)" action?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not certain as to some of the specificities of your question (shared vs logon).

The organization that I worked for has a shared mailbox that does not have logon credentials (that I know of). I have been able to route information through that mailbox using microsoft flow. 

I do not have the shared mailbox in the connectors.

Are you using, "When a new email arrives in a shared inbox v2"?

tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

It is possible, but you need 'Send on behalf' or 'Send as' permissions on that shared mailbox. Then it's not a different connection, it's just a configuration in the 'Send an email (V2)' action, where under the 'Show advanced options' you've got a 'From (Send as)' field where you enter the shared mailbox.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Thank you. I need to answer an email, not create a new one. So "Send an email (V2)" doesn't seem to be right. Or is there a possibility to choose the sender dynamically as the new receiver?

I was able to send a new mail from the shared mailbox. But this is no answer...

So once again: An email is sent to a shared mailbox. Flow should answer this mail from this shared mailbox.

How can i do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use, "Get Email", I believe you can use that as dynamic content.

There's also 'Reply to email' action.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

@one2know There are plenty of triggers you can consider to use based on your requirement. Please check below 

ajdhingr_0-1604032032559.png

Hope this will help to resolve your issue.

Reply to Email is not working. Everytime I get the error 404 and the message that mentioned above. It seems like Flow can not use the shared mailbox to answer.

If i use "reply to email" with my personal mailbox, everything is working. Sadly not with the shared mailbox.

Any ideas?

The trigger and the condition are not the problem. My major problem is, that i am unable to send mails from the shared mailbox.

These are the errors i can see:

one2know_0-1604298918830.png

{
"status":404,
"message":"Item'AQMkAGZiN2NhODdlLTk2MWYtNGUwMS1iMWY3LBGAAADpODbOp0f2EmDpMd_rupUswcAIp_IxdGW_kGU0MGsxS8a3AAAAgEMAAAAIp_IxdGW_kGU0MGsxS8a3AABDQzXagAAAA=='doesn't belong to the targeted mailbox '7c961418-***-41b7-****-2727221c8304'.\r\nclientRequestId: 27479151-7934-****-***-ef098fc75eae\r\nserviceRequestId: 4d23d151-****-****-994f-f3a725eb7e14",
"error":{
"message":"Item'AQMkAGZiN2NhODdlLTk2MWYtNGUwMS1iMWY3GMzNABGAAADpODbOp0f2EmDpMd_rupUswcAIp_IxdGW_kGU0MGsxS8a3AAAAgEMAAAAIp_IxdGW_kGU0MGsxS8a3AABDQzXagAAAA=='doesn't belong to the targeted mailbox '7c961418-***-41b7-****-2727221c8304'.",
"code":"ErrorInvalidMailboxItemId",
"originalMessage":"Item'AQMkAGZiN2NhODdlLTk2MWYtLTVkY2E0NWEzMGMzNABGAAADpODbOp0f2EmDpMd_rupUswcAIp_IxdGW_kGU0MGsxS8a3AAAAgEMAAAAIp_IxdGW_kGU0MGsxS8a3AABDQzXagAAAA=='doesn't belong to the targeted mailbox'7c961418-****-41b7-****-2727221c8304'."
;},

Could you please share the Trigger and Action Card ?  I just want to make sure that all the parameter you are passing are correct because you error says code":"ErrorInvalidMailboxItemId", 

Hi @one2know, did you populate the  "Original Mailbox Address" field in "Reply to email (V3)" action?

View solution in original post

@one2know  - Can you please share the level of access you have on Shared Mail Box ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,378)