cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send mail when task is completed to recepient who submitted a form

Hi!

I've created a flow which creates a task in planner when a form is submitted. This works fine.

Now I want to create a flow to send an email to the submitter of the form when the task is completed. The flow fails, because flow didn't know which FormID belongs to the completed task. 

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Send mail when task is completed to recepient who submitted a form

Correct, just a simple 'Create Item' action.  I would just create 2 columns in your list-  TaskID, and SubmittersEmail.  Then, with your second flow, you just get all items from the list and filter it on the taskID of the completed task.  Once you have that item, you can grab the email.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Since this has to be done as two separate flows, you need to store the form submittors name/email somewhere.  You could put that in the description of the planner task perhaps.  Or you could use an excel spreadsheet or sharepoint list to keep an active list of task ID <-> submittor email.

Highlighted

Sounds like a good solution. So the trigger for my second flow would be "When Task is completed" and I will fetch TaskId and responders E-Mail from Sharepointlist. 

In first flow i need to add a step where i insert values in sharepoint list right? How can I tell sharepoint list that he should create a dependency between taskid and Responders email? Or is flow inteligent enough to fetch task id from sharepoint list with responders Email?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Correct, just a simple 'Create Item' action.  I would just create 2 columns in your list-  TaskID, and SubmittersEmail.  Then, with your second flow, you just get all items from the list and filter it on the taskID of the completed task.  Once you have that item, you can grab the email.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,746)