cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanmc
Level: Power Up

Send notification emails when fields are updated

I have a SharePoint list to hold new job request information.

When a new job request is added it fires an email to admin to request they raise a job and update the form with the job number.

When they have entered the job number into the form it then fires an email to the supervisor asking them to assign the job to an operative. The supervisor then picks an operative from a lookup on the form to assign the task to and then an email should fire to the operative making them aware the job has been assigned to them.

There are more steps but it is repetition of these first ones.

I have at the moment seperate flows for each step using the trigger function on the new or modified trigger so that they watch one particular field on the form which work ok, however the first trigger is the job number which is set if job number is not empty send email.

The next trigger is to check that the Assigned to field is not blank, of course then the first trigger goes off again and sends the first email again and so on.

Hope this makes sense, it would have been simplicity itself in Sharepoint Designer using the wait option but seems not so in flow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
seanmc

Re: Send notification emails when fields are updated

What I did in the end was use the Trigger Conditions within the settings of the Trigger Condition accessed from the elipsis menu of the trigger.

Hope this makes sense.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @seanmc 

While creating a new item in SharePoint, the modified time might be slightly more than the created time. What I mean is the trigger: When an item is created or modified, when this flow is triggered, you can check the Created and Modified attributes that are returned from the trigger. When it is a new item you can either use the When an item is created only trigger in a different flow and for the flows that you are triggering on you can check the Modified time + a few minutes (or seconds) to track the modified only part.  (Makes sense?)

If you can share some more details, we might be able to better understand the issue and assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

seanmc

What I did in the end was use the Trigger Conditions within the settings of the Trigger Condition accessed from the elipsis menu of the trigger.

Hope this makes sense.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @seanmc !

Yep! That is another way of doing it. If this issue is resolved, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,366)