cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madhead
Frequent Visitor

Send on Behalf Of Fails

Not sure what's going on here!

In one branch of the flow, the email sends correctly using the "From" option and an account that has mailbox delegation correctly configured.

But in another branch, with exactly the same options, just a different email message, it fails with an error "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account."

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Madhead ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

You need to make sure your account has the permission on send email on behalf the special email address.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Madhead 

Can you check to be sure that both Send an Email actions are using the same connection?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

Thanks for the quick reply! How do I check that? They're all branches of a switch condition in the same flow.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Madhead ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

You need to make sure your account has the permission on send email on behalf the special email address.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the permissions are correctly set for the mailbox - that is the strange thing. It works perfectly for the first Switch scenario, but fails for the second.

I've tried to attached screenshots of the relevant parts of the flow - hard because they are so long. The first one works, the second one doesn't.

This one worksThis one works

This one doesn't workThis one doesn't work

Madhead
Frequent Visitor

This is so frustrating! I'm now having the same problem in another flow that up to now has worked perfectly. The send as and send on behalf of permission are all correctly set and I'm getting the "not authorized ..." error. 

Please can somebody help?

Madhead
Frequent Visitor

This is getting ridiculous! I tried adding a semicolon as suggested in this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/New-Error-Outlook-Send-Email-quot-Send-as...

It now works, but is sending on behalf of the user who submitted the form (for whom I don't have send as permissions!) instead of the user email I entered into the From (Send as) box! What is going on somebody please??

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (70,898)