Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisb88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Send one e-mail for multiple list items

Hi all,

I've a question about how to create a flow that check all the items in a flow and send an e-mail to all the companies that are stored in the list.

For your information, I've a flow with multiple customers inside. For some customers, there are multiple line items, I need to merge the information into one e-mail. Every customer has an identical relation number, so that's a matching point in the list that can be used.

The list is created as follow:

2020-12-14 11_57_21-Window.png

Now I need to send every customer ONE (1) e-mail about the changes. Because it's possible that a customer have multiple line items, it's required that every customer get one e-mail with all the list items that's matched with his relation number.

Example e-mail:

Dear relation,

Whe will let you know that your pickup day(s) will be changed:

Your current pickup day for Contract A Monday will be changed to Saterday.

Your current pickup day for Contract B will be changed to Friday.

Etc.

How can I achieve this?

(The trigger is when I push a button).

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dennisb88,

You could following these steps to do that:

First part, get all items in the list and store Email addresses into an array variable, then use union() function to remove repeat email addresses.

union(outputs('Compose'),outputs('Compose'))

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152605.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152626.jpg

Second part, initialize a string variable to store the Email body, Then use Apply to each action to loop the Email address in part 1, then use Get items with filter query:

Contacte_x002d_mailAddress eq '@{item()}'

Then append each line into the string variable, after all rows about current customer in it, send email and empty the string variable for next customer.

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152649.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152724.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152739.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dennisb88,

You could following these steps to do that:

First part, get all items in the list and store Email addresses into an array variable, then use union() function to remove repeat email addresses.

union(outputs('Compose'),outputs('Compose'))

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152605.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152626.jpg

Second part, initialize a string variable to store the Email body, Then use Apply to each action to loop the Email address in part 1, then use Get items with filter query:

Contacte_x002d_mailAddress eq '@{item()}'

Then append each line into the string variable, after all rows about current customer in it, send email and empty the string variable for next customer.

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152649.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152724.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-15 152739.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft ,

Thank you, that's helping a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,005)