cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Difrale
Frequent Visitor

Send one email to author with mutiple items.

I go a list with items. Each item has an author. One author can have multiple items.

I use a due date to check if an item needs to be updated.

I'm trying to make a scheduled flow that checks every week, which items are overdue. 

If the item is overdue, I want to send an email to the author, with all the items that he/she need to update. 

Difrale_0-1645198404043.png

So John has to receive one email with item 3, 5, 6 and 7

Sophie with 1 and 4

And Harry with 2

Till now I succeeded to display multiple items in one mail. By saving the title of the item in a append to string variable. (in the apply to each) This variable is placed in the email after the 'apply to each' step.

Difrale_1-1645198612761.png

This is resulting in an email with all al list the overdue items. Which I can sent to a person.

But how can I send only the specific items that belong to the author in one to the author?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Difrale
Frequent Visitor

Hello @tom_riha

Thank you for you suggestion. 
The blog didn't solve my problem but did help me to find another solution. 
I found a youtube video with a big part of the solution and I have figured out the rest of the flow by myself. (because I wanted to add the due date and other filters)
Here is the youtube video: Power Automate Send Summary Emails of Tasks to Unique Users - YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @Difrale ,

take a look on this blog post, it might help: https://tomriha.com/send-one-email-per-user-with-multiple-sharepoint-items-in-power-automate/

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
Difrale
Frequent Visitor

Hello @tom_riha

Thank you for you suggestion. 
The blog didn't solve my problem but did help me to find another solution. 
I found a youtube video with a big part of the solution and I have figured out the rest of the flow by myself. (because I wanted to add the due date and other filters)
Here is the youtube video: Power Automate Send Summary Emails of Tasks to Unique Users - YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,014)