cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamunkee
Frequent Visitor

Send outlook email with Excel spreadsheet as attachment

Hi! I'm pretty new to Flow and I'm having trouble setting one up. My scenarios is I have a survey built using Forms, when a new submission is a made I want to send a confimation email (from Outlook) with an excel attachment to the submitter. The problem I'm having is I dont know how to get the excel spreadsheet attached to the email. 

This is what I have so far, the file is on my desktop but I also put it in a SharePoint doc folder.

Flow setup.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seamunkee ,

If the file is stored in the SharePoint Library, you can refer to the following method to configure Flow.

• Use Get file metadata using path to get the file name of the specified file.
  • Configure Get file content using path to get the file content.
  • Use Get response details to get Responder’s Email and configure the email attachment.

Image reference:

72.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seamunkee ,

If the file is stored in the SharePoint Library, you can refer to the following method to configure Flow.

• Use Get file metadata using path to get the file name of the specified file.
  • Configure Get file content using path to get the file content.
  • Use Get response details to get Responder’s Email and configure the email attachment.

Image reference:

72.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Barry that worked perfectly!

Is there a way to select just one worksheet from the Excel file as opposed to the whole thing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,095)