cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamunkee
Frequent Visitor

Send outlook email with Excel spreadsheet as attachment

Hi! I'm pretty new to Flow and I'm having trouble setting one up. My scenarios is I have a survey built using Forms, when a new submission is a made I want to send a confimation email (from Outlook) with an excel attachment to the submitter. The problem I'm having is I dont know how to get the excel spreadsheet attached to the email. 

This is what I have so far, the file is on my desktop but I also put it in a SharePoint doc folder.

Flow setup.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seamunkee ,

If the file is stored in the SharePoint Library, you can refer to the following method to configure Flow.

• Use Get file metadata using path to get the file name of the specified file.
  • Configure Get file content using path to get the file content.
  • Use Get response details to get Responder’s Email and configure the email attachment.

Image reference:

72.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seamunkee ,

If the file is stored in the SharePoint Library, you can refer to the following method to configure Flow.

• Use Get file metadata using path to get the file name of the specified file.
  • Configure Get file content using path to get the file content.
  • Use Get response details to get Responder’s Email and configure the email attachment.

Image reference:

72.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Barry that worked perfectly!

Is there a way to select just one worksheet from the Excel file as opposed to the whole thing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,567)