cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelodyShults
Resolver I
Resolver I

Send reminders at 30 days, 60 days and 90ty days.

Hello,

I have a sharepoint library that has a review date and three other calculated columns for 30 days prior, 60 days prior and 90ty days prior.  When the 30 day, 60 day and 90 day equals today I want the folow to send the reminder email 

However I keep getting the following error which I know is because of the 28 day limit on flows.  How do I work around that? 

"The provided 'Wait' action 'until' value '10/7/2020 5:00:00 AM' (UTC) is not supported for the 'Consumption' SKU. The maximum wait duration supported for this SKU is '30' day(s)".

Here is my flow screen shot.

30dayflow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MelodyShults
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi All,

After a long night of searching I figured out how to do this. I hope this help someone else avoid the issue and errors I had. 

The requirements where:

Documents in a SharePoint library have an assigned due date.

30days prior to that due date send a reminder to the Owner of the document.

60days prior to that due date send a reminder to the Owner of the document.

90days prior to that due date send a reminder to the Owner of the document.

CONFIGURATION:  There is three calculated columns added to the library to calculate out the 30 days prior, 60 days prior and 90 days prior to due date. There is one flow for each reminder email.The recurrence is scheduled for 8 am. The workflow then reviews the dates in the 30 day, 60 day and 90 day columns. If any of the dates match today then the email reminder is sent.

Note:  Text noted with {{example}} are selected via the dynamic list.

Here are the Steps.

1.  The workflow trigger is a recurrence and is scheduled to run once a day at 8 am.
  2. Select Action SharePoint Get Item  - The site url for where the library is at
    1. List Name - Library name
    2. Select Action Apply to Each ={{Get Item Value}}. Ensures the  next steps are applied to each item in the SharePoint library
    3. Select Action Compose =  The column name used to store the {{30 day, 60 day or 90 day}} date.
    4. Select Condition - This condition determines the criteria needed to send the email reminder. It looks at the 30day date and if it matches "today" it will send the reminder. In the condition put the following Expression. {{formatDateTime(outputs('Compose'),'MM-dd-yyyy') is equal to formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM-dd-yyyy') }}. Remember to remove {{}}
    5. If Yes Select Action Apply to Each {{Owned By}}.  Ensures the  next steps are applied to each Owner listed on the item in the SharePoint library. (I had mutiple owners)

6. Select Action Convert Time Zone. Converts the due date into the correct format to be used in the email. This is how I configured for my time zone. 
      1. Base time ={{Due Date}}
      2. Format string = Short date pattern - 6/15/2009[d]
      3. Source time zone = (UTC-11:00) Coordinated Universal Time-11
      4. I hope this helps anyone else avoid the same issues and errors as I had. 

Enjoy!

Mel

5. I hope this helps anyone else avoid the same issues and errors as I had. 

Enjoy!

Mel

6. Destination time zone = (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada

8. Select  Action Send email. This is the email template used to send the reminder. 

9. After you save the flow you can copy it to make one for the 60 days and 90 days. I named my flows as such 30 Day Reminder, 60 Day Reminder and 90 Day Reminder. 

When Done it should look like this.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @MelodyShults 

Please try and follow a structure like this:

Jcook_0-1596812328115.png

Basically, you want to have the flow run daily, and have multiple branches for each type of reminder.

In my example Dynamics365 is being used but you can change this to SharePoint, and use a filter for checking if the outputs for current date+X amount of days is equal to your Review date

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @MelodyShults  you can use an action to wait more that 30 days. You can follow @Jcook  example to made this. What you can do is addDays and use a condition to compare.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi Jcook,

Let me try that and see how it goes. 

Thank you,

Mel

Hi,

How did you set the filter? I keep getting this error. The expression "Review Due Date eq 2020-10-06" is not valid.

Thank you,

Melody 

@MelodyShults 

Try:

Review Due Date eq '2020-10-06'

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

I tried that with no luck.

Mel

@MelodyShults 

Can you add a Compose action before your Condition and input Review Due Date.

Than run flow. Basically to see what the format of the date is.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@MelodyShults 

Ahhh, I can see in your original post your format is MM/dd/yyyy but you are comparing it with date format of yyyy-MM-dd

Use a convert timezone on that date as well, so you can match them

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi,

None of these options worked. I continue to get the same error when using the filter query option. "Column 'ReviewDate' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user". It hasn't been deleted. I even created a second column same results. 

Does anyone have the steps to complete a flow like this? Here are the basic requirements.

The requirements are:

Do not send a reminder if Item has an approved date.

MelodyShults
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi All,

After a long night of searching I figured out how to do this. I hope this help someone else avoid the issue and errors I had. 

The requirements where:

CONFIGURATION:  There is three calculated columns added to the library to calculate out the 30 days prior, 60 days prior and 90 days prior to due date. There is one flow for each reminder email.The recurrence is scheduled for 8 am. The workflow then reviews the dates in the 30 day, 60 day and 90 day columns. If any of the dates match today then the email reminder is sent.

Note:  Text noted with {{example}} are selected via the dynamic list.

Here are the Steps.

1.  The workflow trigger is a recurrence and is scheduled to run once a day at 8 am.
  2. Select Action SharePoint Get Item  - The site url for where the library is at
    1. List Name - Library name
    2. Select Action Apply to Each ={{Get Item Value}}. Ensures the  next steps are applied to each item in the SharePoint library
    3. Select Action Compose =  The column name used to store the {{30 day, 60 day or 90 day}} date.
    4. Select Condition - This condition determines the criteria needed to send the email reminder. It looks at the 30day date and if it matches "today" it will send the reminder. In the condition put the following Expression. {{formatDateTime(outputs('Compose'),'MM-dd-yyyy') is equal to formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM-dd-yyyy') }}. Remember to remove {{}}
    5. If Yes Select Action Apply to Each {{Owned By}}.  Ensures the  next steps are applied to each Owner listed on the item in the SharePoint library. (I had mutiple owners)

6. Select Action Convert Time Zone. Converts the due date into the correct format to be used in the email. This is how I configured for my time zone. 
      1. Base time ={{Due Date}}
      2. Format string = Short date pattern - 6/15/2009[d]
      3. Source time zone = (UTC-11:00) Coordinated Universal Time-11
      4. I hope this helps anyone else avoid the same issues and errors as I had. 

Enjoy!

Mel

5. I hope this helps anyone else avoid the same issues and errors as I had. 

Enjoy!

Mel

6. Destination time zone = (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada

8. Select  Action Send email. This is the email template used to send the reminder. 

9. After you save the flow you can copy it to make one for the 60 days and 90 days. I named my flows as such 30 Day Reminder, 60 Day Reminder and 90 Day Reminder. 

When Done it should look like this.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,622)