cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frixel
Level: Powered On

Send reply with attachment and with new files

With the Flow below, I have sent an e-mail when it arrives in the mail program.
However, I actually want an answer to the mail, but due to a "bug" in Flow that is not (yet) possible.

In fact, I want an answer to be sent to a particular mail that comes in the inbox, including the attachment that the sender sends.

The flow then also adds a file and text.

How can I make sure that the attachment of the sender is included in the flow below?

flow.png

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send reply with attachment and with new files

Hi @frixel ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

What do you mean by “want an answer to the mail, but due to a bug in Flow”?

I guess that you want to reply to the email with attachments from SharePoint library and the original email attachments.

I have made a flow likes below for your reference.

Add the trigger When a new email arrives.

Get file metadata, then Get file content. If you need to get multiple files, then repeat these two steps.

To attach the original email attachments, add action Get attachment.

Within the Apply to each, add action Reply to email (V2). Select Name and File content for each Attachments Name and Attachments Content field.

Under the Apply to each, add action Delete email to delete the original email.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
frixel

Hi,

I have indeed been able to make the Flow now.

But...

A reply mail is now sent twice!
One time with the original attachment from the received mail and added the 3 files(exel files and a .pdf) from sharepoint. This is good.

But there is also sent a twice e-mail! with for example, the logos or images in the attachment if they are in the sender's mail.

It is the intention that only .xls and/or .xlsx files of the recipient are returned, not eg pictures or logos.

See the Flow i now have.

flow1.png

frixel

Hi,

I try to get this Flow working, but I fear that some commands in the Flow have now been renamed. and the action "outputs" there are now 2 of them. you now have the choice between action outputs and trigger outputs. (what should it be?) And what needs to be filled in with the 2nd variable where you say you want to fill it in later?

I have now a error on:

The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'apply_to_each_Attachment_on_the_email' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Compose' are not defined in the template.'.

This is what i now have.

flow3.png

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @frixel ,

If you want only .xls and or .xlsx files, please just add a Condition in the flow.

From the last image, it seems that you’ve already added a Condition in the flow.

About the error message, I guess that you are not using the correct parameters in the functions.

Under which step, do you want to place the Apply to each action?

If it is Compose action, please just add it under the Compose within the Apply to each 2 loop.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,654)