cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send select SharePoint records using Person/Group column in same list, repeat for each person.

I have a SharePoint list of items and one column uses the native SharePoint column Person/Group that is pointed to our company's address list and each person updates this column with their name, indicating they are the owner of that record.  On a weekly recurrence I want to grab the records that the owner has and if the record hasn't been updated in more than a certain number of days, email a select number of columns from that record to that person in a HTML table (or open to other methods).  Then repeat for each person.  I've tried a variety of methods but am coming up short. Help.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

What is the problem when you create the flow?

Please share more details about your problems so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Alice.  Here are some screen shots with descriptions of what I'm trying to do and how I'm stuck.

Screen Shot 1:  On a recurring schedule go get items from a SharePoint list, then filter those items to only give me ones where the column 'Send email update' = Yes.

Flow Issue Screen Shot 1.jpg

Screen Shot 2:

Take the filtered array and select columns that I want to be included in the email.  Then create the HTML table and send an email with that table. 

Flow Issue Screen Shot 2.jpg

Where I'm stuck:  I want only the records that belong to each Record Manager to be sent to each Record Manager.  There are about 15 individuals and if the record is assigned to them (using field called Record Manager), I want only those records to be selected and sent to that individual and repeat through all the rest of the people.  The field called Record Manager uses the SharePoint column type of Person/Group that looks at the company's email address list.

Thanks for any advice you can lend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuazh-msft.  Do you have any ideas for me on this flow?  Greatly appreciate any advice.

I have same issue any update on this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ullurr - Unfortunately, I never got any help on how to do this.  Ended up making individual Flows for each of the managers with each one hard coded to their name/email, which is a little ridiculous.  Fortunately once they were up and running I haven't had to do much maintenance but it would have been nice to build this into one flow.

Ok, this shouldn't be difficult.

So a get items and filter in the advanced options by modification date being smaller than 2 days ago.

Then do an apply to each on the items returned and send an email to each of the owners.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,255)