cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dullawolf
Frequent Visitor

Send the edited version of a document in approval flow

I created 3 layer approval for when a document it created or modified. The flow works great except that when it sends the document to the approvers, its the previously published version of the document, not the version with the edit. 

Is there a way to send the edited version of the document to be reviewed instead of the published version? 

Thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Is the file from SharePoint?
You might be referencing the file from a previous step which might be the un edited version.

Before you send the file, get the file from the source.

If you are still stuck. Please upload a picture of your flow so we can best assist.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Dullawolf
Frequent Visitor

thanks for the quick reply, i appreciate. 

pictures are attached

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 8.58.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-05 at 8.59.21 AM.png

Hello,

At which part does the approver get the old link? Is it after the first approval, if it is rejected?

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Dullawolf
Frequent Visitor

i have myself set as the first approver, a test account as the second approver and the third approver i have was the person i was making the flow for. when the final approver received the approval request and clicked on the link, it took him to the pre-edited version of the document. 

Hello,

So what exactly is being modified?
Is it the content approval status?
If so, before you do the approval add a action:
Get file properties

This will allow you to grab the most recent version.
Just make sure to reference the content from Get file properties, instead of your trigger.

—Josh

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,031)