cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tezzeldin

Sending Daily Morning Reports

Hello Flownauts!

I am working on a flow to collect daily reports from our field crews and email a compiled list of responses from the previous day to management every morning. I created a Form from Excel Online so the responses are synced automatically. Here's the scenario:

• Day #1 (midnight to midnight): crews are working
  • Day #2: night shift will fill out the Form covering the Activity in Day #1 (they usually submit their responses between 1am-6am of Day#2)
  • Day #2: At 8am of Day #2, send new responses from all crews in one single email to management team (either as an HTML table or as an Excel attachment)

I set up a recurring flow which runs every morning at 8am. Is there a way to only send the responses of the previous day? If not, how can I share share the compiled excel sheet daily?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @tezzeldin 

If in your Excel file you've stored the submission response date, you could filter the items in Excel using an expression:

recur.png

Where the expression would be:

@and(less(item()?['Request Date'], formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd')),greater(item()?['Request Date'], formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow()-1), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Which basically checks that the date (Request date column in this example) is greater than yesterday at 0h, and less than today at 0h.

After that, you would create the html table and send it by email.

Be careful when getting the rows of excel and using the ISO 8601 Date format!

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @tezzeldin 

If in your Excel file you've stored the submission response date, you could filter the items in Excel using an expression:

recur.png

Where the expression would be:

@and(less(item()?['Request Date'], formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd')),greater(item()?['Request Date'], formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow()-1), 'yyyy-MM-dd'))

Which basically checks that the date (Request date column in this example) is greater than yesterday at 0h, and less than today at 0h.

After that, you would create the html table and send it by email.

Be careful when getting the rows of excel and using the ISO 8601 Date format!

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (58,700)