cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Double emails

Hi all, so im trying to create an action tracker that sends emails when a new action item is added into a sharepoint list and sends an Outlook email when the action is due. So the issue is with my recurring flow which I set to run at 8am every morning, when it runs it send me to sets of the identical  emails informing me that the action is due.
Here is an example. The List items I highlighted in red are the items im supposed to receive an email for, so in total 3 emails. However it sends me 6 emails repeating each item twice and im not sure why.

Due actions.png

Here is a picture of the condition I use to send the emails.

Condition.png

Here is a picture of the double sets of emails I receive

Email .png

Here is a picture of my entire flow:

Flow 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Anonymous 

You need to remove the this 'Apply to Each'...

1.png

If it is being auto-added it's because one of the SharePoint list item columns is returning an array, a choice column would do this.

Can you confirm whether any of the list item values embedded within the email are choice columns?

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Anonymous 

You need to remove the this 'Apply to Each'...

1.png

If it is being auto-added it's because one of the SharePoint list item columns is returning an array, a choice column would do this.

Can you confirm whether any of the list item values embedded within the email are choice columns?

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the "Status" column is a choice column with the options "Complete" or "Incomplete".  However I have removed the loop you mentioned and I think it should be working now. I'll keep you updated thanks much Jay 🙂

@Anonymous  good news 🙂

If you need to handle an array returned by a SharePoint column this solution will have you covered: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-Flow-to-email-the-last-entry-once-it-is-entered/m-p/439119#M51685

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,143)