cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GT
Level: Powered On

Sending Email when item Approval Status is changed to approved in sharepoint list

Hi

i am trying to creat a flow where  a user will get a notification if the approval status value in sharepoint list changes to approved. i tried using "_ModerationStatus" matching it with value "0"  "(@equals('_ModerationStatus', 0 )) "but its doesnt seems to working, what could be the issue

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending Email when item Approval Status is changed to approved in sharepoint list

Hi GT,

I have created a flow according to your requirement. And I got the result successfully.

1. I created a SharePoint list called “ApprovalList”, with a Choice column named “Approval”. It has 3 choices which are Approval, Rejected, On Progress.

1.PNG

2. Create a Flow with the following settings:

2.PNG

When I modified one column to “Approval”, I will receive an email like this:

3.PNG

In this flow, the condition is:

4.PNG

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GT

Re: Sending Email when item Approval Status is changed to approved in sharepoint list

Hi Mona, thanks for the efforts but this is not what i wanted , i wanted the  condition specifcally work on system field "Approval status" whose inernal name is, i dont need a another approval column in the list  as it has a drwaback where it got edit permission and any one who has edit permission to list  but not the approver can modify this newly created column which isn't the case with "_ModerationStatus" field. I am using out of box sharepoint approval option provided in each list and wnat flow to mactch the value of the internal field.

patrickabel

I'm in search of a similar need. I have a SharePoint Online list that is configured for "content approval for submitted items" and I'd like to use this column in a MS Flow condition. Is this possible? It doesn't show as avaialble with the other list fields as dynamic content.

GT

Hi Patrick

its seems there is  limitation with MS Flow that where it can not select and act on system intenal fileds, I just had revert back to old way of workflow cinfiguration in sharepoint to achiniving the desired results & which works absolutly fine.

tianaranjo
Level 8

@v-monli-msft

I have a similar need and am seeking help.  I have an Issues list in SP.  I have a Status Column and Status Update Column.

If the troubleshooting team enters a status update and proposes it as a solution, prior to the Status Column being updated to 'Closed,  I would like the Status Update mailed to the user who entered the issue and ask if they Accept it as a solution.  If they click Approve, then I would like the Status Column to update automatically to 'Closed'. Is this all possible with Flow?

Also, when I added a flow identical to the one you shared above, it will not send an email when set as Is Equal To 'Closed' (which is what I want).  

However, it will send the email when I set it as 'Is not equal to' 'Closed'.  And continues to send emails if I change status back to In Progress.  

sarameldjem
Level: Power Up

Any solution for column '_ModerationStatus' Please ?

ZachS15

@sarameldjem I'm facing this issue too and I found a solution from the article below. Bascially you'll need to use a 'Send an HTTP Request to SharePoint' action and then use an ODATA_ operator in front of the Approval Status (_ModerationStatus) field. _Moderation status is not exposed by standard REST calls so that is why odata is required.

https://www.techmikael.com/2018/05/use-microsoft-flow-to-implement.html

_api/web/lists/getbytitle('<Library Name>')/items(<id>)?$select=OData__ModerationStatus

The returned object will have the Approval Status id in it

{
    OData__ModerationStatus: 1
}

The approval statuses are:

Approved = 0
Rejected = 1
Pending = 2
Draft = 3

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,369)