cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roniedhaka
Level: Powered On

Sending Emails From Excel With Microsoft Flow

dear community members, i am very much to FLOW and encountered my 1st flow creation. Please help me on this or FW/share me the link if it has been discussed here this forum already.

I have a sharepoint site where i have an excel file. In the excel file i have a table with multiple rows and columns. This is some kind of meetimg action register. I captured actions and record it with action owner name and email address. Now i want to create a flow- which send email address to the owners with their specific row data. I tried to create a flow but getting error in 'delay-until' actions ----

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Delay_until' inputs at line '1' and column '2533': 'String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.'.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending Emails From Excel With Microsoft Flow

Hi @roniedhaka ,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

It seems that you are using action Delay until, what’s the value you’ve inputted in the Timestamp field?

According to your description, do you want to send an email with specific details from the Excel table to the owners after certain time?

Please check the following flow for a reference.

After the trigger add action list rows present in a table.

Add Delay until action with the following code:

addMinutes(utcNow(),1)

Add action Send an email, select dynamic content “email” from action List rows present in a table, an Apply to each will be added automatically. Then select corresponding details for the body field.

An image for your reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
roniedhaka

hi, thanks for reply. I am trying to explain the issues to you below, please excuse me for lack of knowledge as i am totoally newbie on Flow, i got below steps via searching google.   🙂

i have the excel table- with column header :  date, action owner name, email, due date, action details, comments

i want a flow which sent email to the 'action owner name' based on email next to its cell. 

I want to sent the email the day i updated in 'date' column- if April 4th 2019, then email will send [upon click button] immideitly.

in my 'get a row' steps- i am facing timestamp error. The 'date' column is a excel date format i use. 

one important thing- i was checking your flow example, the 'apply to all' i never got to see! How did you get it?

here is my screnshot-

flow error v1.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @roniedhaka ,

Thanks for sharing the detailed info.

It is a known issue for Excel online connector that date will be returned as an Integer but not in date format. So the error message Invalid template returned.

A workaround for your scenario. Before starting the flow, please format the Date column as Text, then input the date.

1.PNG

Then in the flow, set the Timestamp field of action Delay until with the following code:

formatDateTime(body('Get_a_row')?['date'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')

It will than works as expected.

2.PNG3.PNG

By the way, in my scenario, the action List rows present in a table is being used, which will get all the rows from the list, so an Apply to each will be added automatically if parameters are referred to this action.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
roniedhaka

Hi mabel- thanks for your reply.

i am getting still error.

Now i am sharing full screenshot of my excel online table [plz ignore informations, i am big fan of MCU!]

if you see the column date [K] i formatted as text and then update all cell manually like 2019-04-10. same for column L

1b.jpg

Now, below is the error screenshot. I am not code expert, i just copy paste your code into 'delay until' flow actions. But what does this error means now?

1a.jpg

the idea is -this flow supposed to trigger on what date i put in column K1, K2 K3....and send email (G1) with full row1 data.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @roniedhaka ,

Please show me the detailed code that is being used in the Delay action.

By the way, you exact column name is “Date” but not “date”, please try to format the function and try again:

formatDateTime(body('Get_a_row')?['Date'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,286)