cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Sending Multiple Attachments from Form in an Email with Flow

I'm using this as a reference:  https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate

When I'm creating the email step, in the attachment field, it's not listing formsAttachment array that was created in the step above it so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I've tried using File Content as well.

I'm using this section:

//Added on 16 Jan 2020.

With multiple attachments to a single question on the Form

When I click on Attachment I only see "File Content", Parse JSONn fields and the Response Details fields (those of the form).  From the article I should see formsAttachment from the array listed.

Steps 1-4.pngSteps 5-7.pngEmail step.png

In the Apply To Each step, I even tried changing it to FormsAttachment from Body but still doesn't list it. 

I've run the form and it shows as successful but I never receive any emails either so it's not just the attachments not working.   

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I posted a walkthrough on this here in the Forums.  It may be helpful.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Emailing-File-Attachments-from-For... 

I don't think you want to use the Body for the Content.  There should be a specific dynamic content for file content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Sorry I'm stuck on step 3.  "Run your flow once at this point to get some sample output that you can use to generate the JSON schema.  Then add your question content to the Parse JSON."

Also in step 4, I do not have an "ID" field to choose from.  My only option from JSON is Body.

Helper I
Helper I

I guess we'll just use email instead of forms.  It's the only reliable one that works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (17,297)