Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Egemeny
Level: Powered On

Sending Once-off reminder email to Recipent on SharePoint List

Good Friday everyone!

First of all, thank you everyone to create a fantastic solutions and sharing best practices. With this forum i did created a lot Flows changed my way of working in a more effective way. Now i need your help again. 🙂

We are working at HR Department and we would like to create a seamless 'Probation Period' follow up processes in our business and support our relevant managers in different business units. We have set up Flows from excel to SharePoint list, which works perfectly.

Our aim is to send an email to relevant managers to reminder their 'new hire's' probation deadline is approaching (60 days after commencement date), therefore they need to take relevant action. Up to here everything is fine.

- the problem is my flow is keep sending the same email everyday. I want flow to send this reminder once-off.

How can i make this work? I'm sharing my flow structure below.

I really appreciate your support!

Thanks

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending Once-off reminder email to Recipent on SharePoint List

Hi @Egemeny ,

Please try changing "is less than or equal to" directly to "is equal to". This doesn't seem to affect your logic, and it can avoid sending mail multiple times.

Hope it makes sense!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

HI @Egemeny, the problem is probably with the Condition and your addDays function. Could you let us know what this is please.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Egemeny
Level: Powered On

Hi @RobElliott ,

Thank you for prompt response.

This is the add days condition : System will send reminder email when the deadline for probation day is less/equal to 30 days.

@lessOrEquals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Deadline'], addDays(utcNow(), 30))

Other condition is Flow is checking if the contract is 'Active' or 'Inactive' before sends the email. I don't know if we can ask to flow the change the status to 'Inactive' once the email has been sent.

Condition.PNG

Thank you so much!

Best,

E

Super User
Super User

You said that "the problem is my flow is keep sending the same email everyday. I want flow to send this reminder once-off." Well yes it will because your condition of 

@lessOrEquals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Deadline'], addDays(utcNow(), 30))

will resolve to true every day where the deadline is less than or equals to 30 days ahead from today. When exactly do you want the reminder to be sent? 

"I don't know if we can ask to flow the change the status to 'Inactive' once the email has been sent."  Yes you can, you do this with a SharePoint update item action.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Egemeny ,

Please try changing "is less than or equal to" directly to "is equal to". This doesn't seem to affect your logic, and it can avoid sending mail multiple times.

Hope it makes sense!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,769)