cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Power BI table in Alert based on dynamic user group from sharepoint

Hi ALL,

I am new to microsoft flow , and would require your guidance on setting up dynamic email alert.

Basically I want the mail to be triggered based on the content available in the Power BI Table visual. Based on the content available in the table visual it should read the groups available in the sharepoint and send email accordingly.

I.e. if row A is displayed then mail should go to xyz@abc.com which is related to the content A, if B is displayed in the row then mail should go to rsw@abc.com.

It would be great if this community would be guide me through this implementation

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending Power BI table in Alert based on dynamic user group from sharepoint

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want the flow to be triggered by a Power BI trigger?

Currently, only “When a data driven alert is triggered” is available for Power BI. I am afraid it might not be used in your scenario.

Further, if you would like to send email according, I assume that if function would be helpful.

I have made a simple test for your reference. An email will be sent to different receiver according to the button input.

The function used in the To field is:

if(contains(triggerBody()['text'],'AA'),'mabel@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com',if(contains(triggerBody()['text'],'BB'),'test4@ xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com','test2@ xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com'))

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yamao-msft  -  So basically I wanted to trigger an email based on a table not a card visual or guage visual. But however I changed my approach and connected to sql (get rows) and sent a notification using custom HTML table. Have attached the screen shot.

Flow.PNG

Now I want to optimize further wherein 

1. Is there any possibility wherein 2nd step can be replaced by step which is available in Free version as i am using gateway to connect to on premise.

2. In the last step the customization should be in  such a manner that mails should be sent to only those users to which the table records belong i.e. say we have 10 rows in the table and 2 rows belong to user 1 and 8 rows belong to user 2. Now the notification which will go to user 1 should have only 2 rows and for user 2 only 8 rows.

Also the user list is maintained in Sharepoint list or in sql table.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

About #1, could you share more details on it? If all the data are stored in SQL Server table, then you will have to get rows from the SQL table.

About #2, I assume that the following thread on microsoft flow get all items with distinct Assigned to (User and group) filed will work for you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/microsoft-flow-get-all-items-with-distinct-Assigned-to-User-and/td-p/113348

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yamao-msft  - Regarding 1 more details below - 

My source resides in on premise database , and to connect on premise database we require gateway (please correct my understanding here if i am worng).

Now to use gateway we require a microsoft flow paid version. currently I am using trail version account. So is there any way wherein i can connect to on premise table without using a on premise gateway.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is not possible to connect to on-premises table without using a gateway.

If Azure SQL is available for you, please try to use it instead of on-premises SQL Server.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,659)